Harrison College offer a range of programme and workshops to schools to help meet Gatsby Benchmarks and reduce the number of students at risk of being NEET. Please see below for details of our programmes and workshops, for further information please contact Gemma Peebles, Principal on 07921657028
Pathway to Progression – NEET Prevention
- Ideal for Year 11 students identified as at risk of being NEET
- Ideal for pupil premium and SEND
- Provides evidence for Gatsby Benchmarks 2 and 3.
- Provide evidence for Ofsted “providing an effective careers programme in line with the government’s statutory guidance on careers advice” Ofsted Inspection Framework May 2019
- Succeed in the Workplace – Open University Statement of Completion,
- Developing Confidence, Applying for jobs and apprenticeships, Interviews and Assessment Centres – CPD accredited certification
- 3 full day sessions over a half term, based in school or at Harrison College
- Learning outcomes
- Session 1 – Reflect on personal interests and values and how these are relevant to a careers choice / employment opportunity
- Session 2 – Understand the value of networks in career planning. Understand the recruitment process. Develop the skills to write strong job applications and CV’s.
- Session 3 – Recognise different interview situations and questions and know how to approach them. Produce a realistic personal action plan
Prices from £120 per student, includes certificates and registration on our employability microsite with accessibility to additional learning modules.
Learn to Earn Skills Development
- A range of full day workshops that develop employability skills. The workshops can be based around, communication, leadership or resilience. Each workshop looks at the foundations and development of each skill.
- Provide evidence for Ofsted “developing pupils’ confidence, resilience and knowledge…”
- Students will receive CPD accredited certificates at the end of the workshop
Prices from £35 per student includes certificates and registration on our employability microsite with accessibility to additional learning modules.
Finance For You
- A one day financial capability course for young people aged 14+
- Provides evidence for Ofsted “how curriculum subjects such as citizenship… and economic education… contribute to pupils’ personal development” Ofsted Inspection Framework May 2019
- Learning outcomes:
- Understanding deductions on a pay slip and the financial implications of career choices
- Understanding saving and spending and how to construct a personal budget
- Understanding of borrowing and the risks associated
Prices from £25 per student.